The International Oversight Committee (IOC) maintains a Restricted Regions List of locations worldwide that pose a heightened travel risk due to health, safety and/or security reasons . Travel to these countries must receive pre-approval prior to making travel arrangements.
All UT Austin employees are required, per UT System requirements, to register their international travel through the UT Austin International Travel Registry (UTAITR).
Registered UT Austin travelers will be supported by Texas Global Risk and Safety staff, and will be covered through On Call International overseas insurance.
- Once you are registered with On Call, you will have access to their pre-departure itinerary reviews and comprehensive destination intelligence to help you prepare for the realities on-site.
- On Call International provides extensive coverage for UT travelers who experience emergencies abroad, to include coverage for quarantining in the host country and assistance in seeking medical diagnoses of and treatment for COVID-19.
For more information on preparing for safe travel abroad, follow the International Travel Process.
- Foreign Travel Approval
- Restricted Regions
- Travel to Cuba
- U.S. Department of State
- S.T.E.P. Program Enrollment
- Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreements
- Foreign Exchange Rates (OANDA)
- UT Passport Office
- Just Passports is a non-contract source offering assistance with expediting visa and passport applications.