COVID-19 Operational Status - TMS is working remotely. An appointment is required to pick up Citi Hotel/Conference and Student Group cards.
Effective immediately, hotel reservations are no longer required to be made using the UT Austin contracted travel agencies or Concur.
The prohibition on university-sanctioned travel for business or study remains in place and continues to require exceptions by deans or vice presidents (domestic) and Texas Global (international).
Any travel approved through the exception process continues to require airline and rental car bookings through the university’s contracted travel agencies or Concur.
- If you wish to change any existing hotel reservations it is important to cancel those reservations to ensure you are not charged a hotel no-show fee.
New Travel Guidelines in response to COVID-19
Update March 12, 2021
The prohibition on university-sanctioned domestic travel for business or study is extended through August 31, 2021. Decisions about the policy after August 31, 2021 will be announced on or before July 30, 2021.
For international travel, the prohibition on university-sanctioned travel for business or study has been extended through August 31, 2021. Decisions about the policy after August 31, 2021 will be announced on or before July 30, 2021.
Exceptions will be processed by deans or vice presidents for domestic travel and by Texas Global for international travel.
Domestic travel questions: email@example.com
International travel questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for domestic travel will be approved by the college’s/school's/unit’s Dean or Vice President only; it is expected that precautions for travel will have been considered with concrete steps planned to mitigate health risks.
- Exception is not necessary for local business travel within Austin.
- Official guests/visitors on campus must receive an exception approval from the appropriate Dean or VP.
- All air travel and rental cars must be booked through UT Contracted travel agencies or Concur.
If you drive a personal vehicle, the vehicle owner - NOT THE UNIVERSITY - is liable for any injury or damage to your person, car, and any injury or damage to other vehicles, property, or persons outside your vehicle which may occur as a result of an accident.
- University funds may not be used to cover cancellation fees for meeting registrations or for travel booked outside of UT contracted travel agencies or Concur.
At this time, the US Department of State continues to have a global health travel advisory, level 4 “Do not travel” and the CDC has a global COVID-19 pandemic notice level 3 “Avoid non-essential travel.” As of July 1, 2020, faculty/staff/students (whether paid by UT or external sources) seeking to travel will be able to do so based on the following:
- Effective Jan. 26, 2021, all air passengers entering the U.S. are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than three days before boarding their flight. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- Faculty/staff/students must petition for international travel through the university’s Restricted Regions process and submit a supplemental COVID-19 travel waiver. Approved travelers will need to follow all quarantine requirements in the destination country and upon return to the U.S., Austin, and the UT campus.
- Visitors/researchers/scholars wishing to travel to campus from abroad will need to seek approval from the corresponding college/school's Dean or Vice President. All visitors will be subject to the same quarantine provisions as UT Austin approved travelers returning from abroad.
- All international visiting delegations coordinated by Texas Global are suspended through August 31, 2021.
Citi Travel Departmental Credit Cards: Hotel/Conference Card & Student Group
As a temporary measure: TMS staff are working remotely during the COVID-19 restrictions. An appointment is required to pick up cards.
Provide the following information when submitting an application:
- Essential need for the Travel Card.
- Date the card needs to be used