Emergency Medical & Evacuation Services
UT System administration, Risk Management office, has contracted with International SOS for emergency medical assistance and evacuation services.
- Students: For student travel policy specific to obtaining International SOS coverage, visit the Study Abroad website.
Registration of your itinerary details is REQUIRED using one of the following methods:
- ISOS registration is AUTOMATIC when one of our two contracted travel agencies or Concur is used for your air/hotel itinerary. No further action is required.
- If a non-contract travel source is used, simply forward the air / hotel itinerary confirmation email you received following purchase from your email account to MyTrips@travelsecurity.com via either your computer or mobile device.
MyTrips Account Required
ISOS Member Login
At the ISOS website, click on Member Log In at the top center of the page and enter UT Membership #11BSGC000037 in the pop-up box. This will bring you to the UT System ISOS web page with full details about the program, ISOS emergency assistance, and how ISOS can assist you with general questions about an international destination.
- Pre-trip information on travel health issues (such as vaccination information)
- Assistance finding emergency healthcare
- Assistance with emergency evacuation
- UT Austin Travel Management Services will work closely with International SOS to assist in emergency
Countries Not Covered
Important: The following countries are NOT covered by ISOS policy:
- Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and North Korea
- Offshore vessels are not covered by ISOS policy
You must contact the International Oversight Committee at IOC@austin.utexas.edu when traveling to these locations or aboard an offshore vessel. The IOC will coordinate with the UT System Office of Risk Management to ensure that adequate emergency coverage is available.
Please carry the International SOS contact card with you when you travel internationally. Instructions for printing the card are in the International SOS program detail pages, or email TMS@austin.utexas.edu for a laminated version.