Frequently Asked Questions
Direct Billing |
Rental Cars |
Mixing Business Travel and Personal Travel | State of Texas Travel Rules | International Travel
Reimbursements | Student Travel | Benefits & Overtime | Money Matters
State of Texas Travel Rules
Where can I find info about state contracts for airfare, rental cars and hotels?
You can find information about State of Texas contracts for airfare, rental car rates/provisions, and hotels on the Texas Comptroller’s State Travel Management Program website.
When do I need to use State of Texas travel vendors?
The following accounts must use State of Texas travel vendors for things like air travel, rental cars, and hotels:
- State accounts: 14 and 20
- Federal Grant Accounts: Check the CA3 screen in DEFINE to determine if the grant account follows State of Texas travel rules.
I know my department is supposed to use State of Texas travel vendors, but are there any exceptions?
There are some allowable exceptions that will let you use non-state-contracted vendors. You may not have to use a State of Texas vendor if one of the following valid business reasons applies:
- You find lower cost (offered to the general public through published tariffs) elsewhere.
- More efficient schedules exist on another (non-contract) airline, which permit the traveler to conduct business.
- Public health, safety or security situations exist that may place the traveler in an unsafe environment.
- Travel is part of a group program where reservations are made through a required source to obtain a particular rate or service.