Travel Management Services home

Frequently Asked Questions

Flights | Direct Billing | Rental Cars | Hotels | Travel Authorizations
Mixing Business Travel and Personal Travel | State of Texas Travel Rules | International Travel
Reimbursements | Student Travel | Benefits & Overtime | Money Matters | Charter Ground Transportation

Money Matters

Can I sign a contract on behalf of the University for travel or meeting related services?

Not as a general rule. For contract administration rules and information, contact the Office of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.

Are there any limits on using my grant or contract funds for university business travel?

Information on rules regarding grant and contract funds is available in the Handbook of Business Procedures from the Office of Accounting.