Travel Management Services home

Frequently Asked Questions

Flights | Direct Billing | Rental Cars | Hotels | Travel Authorizations
Mixing Business Travel and Personal Travel | State of Texas Travel Rules | International Travel
Reimbursements | Student Travel | Benefits & Overtime | Money Matters | Charter Ground Transportation

International Travel

How do I book international travel using a state fund account?

For information about booking international travel with a state fund account, see the Office of Accounting’s Handbook of Business Procedures and read the section entitled “C. Foreign Travel.” Direct all questions regarding this approval process to the Office of Accounting Travel Services.

Where can I find information about passports, international travel warnings, or other country specific information?

You can find information about passports and other topics relevant to your international travel plans on the U.S. Department of State and the International SOS websites.

Do I need a license to travel to Cuba?

Yes, travel to Cuba is severely restricted under the Cuban Assets Control Regulations and the Trading with the Enemy Act. Under these regulations, spending money on travel to Cuba is prohibited unless the traveler is licensed. Visit the university’s International Office website for information about getting licensed to travel to Cuba. Note: the Office of Accounting will not process a reimbursement request for travel to Cuba without proof of license.

Does my UT Austin employee medical plan include coverage during international travel?

Yes your employee medical plan does cover you during international travel. For more specific information, see the UT System Benefits While You Travel page.