Travel Management Services home

Frequently Asked Questions

Flights | Direct Billing | Rental Cars | Hotels | Travel Authorizations
Mixing Business Travel and Personal Travel | State of Texas Travel Rules | International Travel
Reimbursements | Student Travel | Benefits & Overtime | Money Matters | Charter Ground Transportation


Where can I find a list of state-contracted hotel vendors?

Visit the State Travel Management Program - Hotel Contracts website for hotel information and directory.

Do any hotels in Austin offer special accommodations for university guests?

Yes, check out Austin accommodations to find hotels in Austin that may be of particular interest to university visitors due to discounts and other amenities that cater to the university community.

How do I get a tax exemption on my Texas hotel bill?

To receive tax exemption on your hotel bill, download and complete the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF) and present it to your hotel at check-in.

What do I do if a hotel doesn’t accept the tax exemption form? Are they allowed to do this?

Hotels don’t have to accept the tax exemption form. If a hotel refuses to accept the form, make a note of this on the travel reimbursement voucher (VP5) and the tax will be reimbursable.

PDFs require the free Adobe® Reader® or compatible software. Word documents require the free Microsoft® Word® viewer or compatible software.