Hotel Conference Card — Citibank MasterCard
Citibank’s Hotel Conference Card is designed for departments that host on-site hotel meetings and/or conferences. The card is perfect if your department has business-related travel expenses for conferences you host in hotels.
About the Card
- Departments that host on-site hotel meetings and/or conferences for The University of Texas at Austin are eligible to apply for the Hotel Conference Card.
- The Citibank Hotel Credit Card is designed for departmental use, not for individual faculty/staff travel expenses.
- Card is not for department business entertainment.
- The card should be used for travel-related expenses for conferences or meetings within a hotel (examples of these expenses might include conference space, catering, audio/visual, internet connection, or sleeping rooms for speakers/ official visitor when department is paying).
- Your department is liable for all charges that are applied to the card.
How to Apply
Contact Travel Management Services at TMS@austin.utexas.edu or call us at 471-6641 to request acknowledgment and application forms
Authorizing Other Card Users
To ensure full transaction dispute rights with MasterCard, the card must be issued in the name of a department faculty or staff member. Your department can authorize another person to use the card by giving the designated traveler/user a letter of authorization on department letterhead to carry with them while in travel mode.
- Payment is due upon receipt of billing statement.
- An account will be suspended if the account reaches 61 days past due. Accounts that reach 90 days past due will be cancelled and will not be reopened.
- Late payments: Late payment penalty is paid as per the Prompt Payment Act. If Citibank assesses a late fee to your central billing hotel conference card, please contact Lee Loden to initiate a credit on your account.
- Your department is responsible for obtaining all receipts required by the Office of Accounting’s Travel Section. For more information, see the university’s travel policy.
- Your department is responsible for Citibank bill reconciliation and payment processing.
- Each department card will have a unique PIN number assigned. Departments can contact Citibank customer service directly for questions regarding transactions, card declines, disputes, and requests for duplicate billing statements.